Community Technology Preview (CTP) 2.0 is the first production-quality preview of SQL Server 2017, and it is available on both Windows and Linux.
Here are some of the exciting new features added to database engine
- Adaptive Query Processing – Faster query processing with improved plan quality.
- Store and analyse non-hierarchical relationships with Graph data support using node/edge query.
- Online index rebuild. Now you can pause and resume the online index rebuilds
- Cluster-less Availability Groups for scaling read operations. But with you scale up for read operation, you will not get high availability.
Do you know what is available on SQL Server on Linux? Here you go.
- Support for RHEL, Ubuntu, Docker
- SQL Server Linux on Docker
- Package based installs, Docker images
- Support for Open shift, Docker Swarm
- Failover clustering through pacemaker
- Availability Groups
- SQL Agent
- SCOM management Pack
- Log shipping
- Full-Text Search
- Transparent Data Encryption (TDE)
- In memory OLTP
- Column store
- Always Encrypted
- Row Level Security
- Dynamic Data Masking
- Service broker
- Change Data Capture (CDC)
Please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.